Saturday, May 5, 2012

Of Being 23

This is an old poem, but what the heck...

I believe every news,
the shadows in the cave
are truths like ice and water
have the same molecular structure.
I believe three words repeated
that the sound of the heart beating
is the most beautiful sound.
I can drown out my thoughts
with talks; with others.
To see a self reflected
in the eyes of another
and to know without
ever really understanding.

I believe I'm walking
when everybody sees
that I am running.

If I believe it
then it must be true,
for truth for me
and truth for you
can be two very different
views of one reality.
It won't slow down,
and up days are fewer
with too many expectations.
A self-constricting exaltation.
Nihilist, I am not so brave,
leave the cave and see the light.
Too bright truth.
Static merry, go,
let's get lost somewhere beautiful.

I believe every breath is a gift,
not the kind to take back,
every smile, laugh and every caress.
To know: I am here world. But I digress.


No comments:

Post a Comment